Dear Valued Patients,
I have enjoyed my time practicing Orthopedics with Canyon View Medical Group. I am writing to let you know that I will be transitioning my practice from Canyon View to Intermountain Healthcare as of April 1, 2020. While Canyon View has been an excellent place to practice, joining Intermountain will provide me some opportunities I could not have while practicing as a solo orthopedic physician.
- Intermountain Healthcare provides the official team doctors for BYU and UVU athletes. By joining this team I will be heavily involved in taking care of collegiate athletes, which has always been a dream of mine.
- I will be part of a specialty-based orthopedic practice, allowing me to focus exclusively on shoulder and knee treatments and surgery.
- I will be able to share call with a group of other orthopedic physicians allowing me flexibility for coverage of my patients while out of town for personal or professional pursuits.
Canyon View has decided not to replace me, so they will no longer offer orthopedic surgery. However, they have an excellent Sports Medicine physician, Dr. Matthew Cameron, who can take care of any non-operative needs you may encounter. He is a fabulous physician whom I recruited and have enjoyed working with this past year. I anticipate an ongoing collaborative relationship with him even though we will be working for different employers.
If you need surgery, I am happy to continue to care for you as I will operate at both the new Spanish Fork Hospital and Mountain View Hospital. My new office will be in the medical office building at the new Spanish Fork Hospital. You may continue to schedule appointments with myself or Blaine Montague, PA-C through Canyon View until April 4, 2021 after which we will transfer to the new clinic.
For appointment scheduling after April 4th, 2021: Please call the Intermountain Spanish Fork Orthopedic clinic at 385-344-6770.
I would like to wholeheartedly thank my partners from Canyon View Medical Group for the tremendous opportunity they gave me by bringing me to this community 6 years ago. It has been a great start to my career. This is a great clinic. I recommend you continue your primary care with them as my family and I will.
Blake Gillette, MD
- Orthopedic Care
- Duke University Physician Assistant Program, Durham, North Carolina—2015
- Dixie State University, St. George, Utah—2013
- Physician Assistant National Certification Examination
- Basic Life Support Provider
- Mountain View Hospital, Payson, Utah
- Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, Provo, Utah
- Timpanogos Regional, Orem, Utah
- American Fork Hospital, American Fork, Utah
- Cum Laude, Dean's List, Integrated Studies department Student of the Year 2013
Honors and Awards: